Rat race– as defined in Wikipedia:
AND rat race it is a term used to refer to an endless, self-defeating, or pointless pursuit. It conjures up the image of the futile efforts of a lab rat trying to escape by running through a maze or on a wheel…
The growing view of work as a “rat race” in our time has led many to doubt their own attitude to work and look for a better alternative; better balance between work and personal life. Many believe that long working hours, unpaid overtime, stressful work, time spent traveling to work, less time for family life and/or friends have led to the workforce/population as a whole becoming more unhappy, unable to take advantage of rising economic prosperity and a higher standard. life.
Without further ado, here are 75 reasons to hate the rat race. Start sweating over it right now…
- Talk about coolers – yes, I come here often
- Chatter – no, I don’t like to see you here every day.
- Commuting to work is really like an interstate rat race.
- Traffic jams – why do I have to leave the house at the same time as all these idiots?
- Lunch break – shouldn’t we be able to eat whenever we want?
- Break Room is a nice room where you can waste your time.
- Cabins are my own cage
- Company policy is everything
- Company dress code – leaves little room for imagination
- Desks – I’d rather work on the couch
- Gossip – who cares how much the guy in the cube next to me gets
- Politics – can’t we just be friends?
- 5 day work week – what if I want to work 14 days in a row and take a week off?
- Ask permission – do anything – how old are we?
- Bureaucracies – they complicate everything, no matter how simple it is.
- Memos – no one cares
- I don’t do what I love – then what are you doing?
- My childhood dreams are ruined. Did you say that as a child you wanted to count all day long?
- Make someone else rich – someone benefits from YOU
- Your boss is basically the fact that you have one.
- Riding a slow train to nowhere – and the expression “keep puffing”
- Is the expression “Same shit, different day” true?
- Wasting time – time is never wasted when you’re always wasted… wait, that was college
- Rules are not to be broken
- Fluorescent lighting is harmful to the eyes
- We are considered human capital – sad but true
- We are workers – I need my own workers
- Firewalls – no Twitter and YouTube at work?! What the hell am I gonna do all day?
- Raises or lack thereof
- Savings – You can invest in yourself and your business and watch your money multiply.
- You are probably not using your talent to the fullest.
- Job dissatisfaction – does your job make you smile?
- Feeling like you’ve been listened to like cattle
- Living on someone else’s terms
- People say, “Well, at least I have a job now” – at least that means the worst case scenario.
- Someone else is in control of your destiny.
- Bordem – the rat race is not very stimulating
- Is lifelessness the same day after day?
- Trap – let me out of here.
- I am defined by the position – I am a person, not a software engineer.
- Question: “What are you doing” – oh, hello, yes, I sit in a cube all day wishing I was somewhere else.
- Wishing you were somewhere else
- Lack of choice.
- Lack of fun.
- Lack of mobility.
- No contribution.
- Lack of passion.
- Lack of creativity.
- Unnecessary meetings – life is too short to waste time.
- 9-5 – who decided these were my most productive hours?
- 8 hour work day – why should you be told what to do with 1/3 of your life?
- Thoughts of slavery – once I was 1/3 slave
- When they say what to do – pah.
- Stolen staplers – even worse …
- Jokes about a stolen stapler
- Bad Boss Jokes – Please Tell Me You Don’t Laugh Anyway
- Feeling like you’re on a slow train to nowhere
- Work hard to retire, and then what? Sit?
- Work for money, not money working for you
- Fear for your work
- What pension?
- Job = Just went broke
- Get a raise, better buy a bigger house/car
- The more you earn, the more you use yourself
- Productivity doesn’t lead to more vacations, just more work
- Keep up with Jones
- Squeezing the steering wheel like it did something to you
- Road Rage – calm down, this is not the way to live your life.
- Low standard of living – certainly better than it could be, but it could be fucking better!
- You can’t have everything if you have that mindset.
- We put off the pleasure for later – it seems that tomorrow will never come
- Everywhere is in a hurry – hurry up to relax!
- The fact that we know we can “do whatever we want” but we don’t.