Things To Know About The Ducted Heating System
With a ducted heating system, you can regulate the temperature of your different rooms and you can cover your entire house with a ducted heating unit. If you live in a region where summer and winter are extreme, then you must choose this HVAC system. Here, you can find the details of ducted heating system.
How does a ducted heating system work?
Ducts form the core of this heating system. They are connected with a central unit of heating, which produces warm air throughout your home. You can install such ducts in the ceiling or under the floor. The ducted heating system is a space saver option, while it also maintains the temperature of the house. You can also connect different rooms through the ducts or vents. The central unit is designed with a reverse cycle air conditioner, and it can keep your rooms warm in winter and cool in summer. You can also use a large gas furnace in your central unit, but it cannot produce cool air in summer. You can only use it as a heating system for winter.
How would you install a ducted heating system?
The Central Unit of the ducted heating system can create a huge noise, and it is better to install it outside the home. You can install it on your roof, and connect your ducts with this central unit through pipes. You can install the ducts in the ceiling, or you can install them on your walls or under the roof. You may need to relocate or move your furniture from one room to another, and it is better to install the vents in the ceiling. It is best to discuss your requirements with the installer so that they can suggest the right way of installation.
What are the benefits of ducted heating system?
- Saves energy- You can save your power consumption cost by choosing a ducted heating system. You can connect your ducted heating with the solar system, and save your energy consumption cost.
- Various options- You can also choose a ducted HVAC system operated by gas, and you can use LPG to run your heating system. If you use natural gas for your heating system, then it can produce more than three tonnes of carbon dioxide per year. You can also use LPG for the same, and it will produce more than four tonnes of carbon dioxide per year. So, it is better to use reverse cycle heating system because it is eco-friendly, and it can produce less amount of carbon dioxide.
- Saves money– If you want to save your power consumption cost, then you must choose a ducted heating system with four to five-star energy ratings. HVAC system run by natural gas will increase your power consumption cost, and you can save your expenses by choosing the reverse cycle air conditioner.
- Better temperature regulation- You can regulate the temperature of your different rooms, and you can easily control your ducted HVAC system with remote control. You do not need to install an additional air conditioning system in your house, and you can keep your home in moderate temperature throughout the year by installing a reverse cycle air conditioner.
Types of ducted heating system:
- You can install a large furnace in your central unit, and connect the ducts with this central unit.
- Electric ducted heating system is also available, where you can use the reverse cycle air conditioner.
- You can use gas-operated heating system and use natural gas or LPG to run your ducted heating.
- Solar, ducted heating system can save your power consumption cost, and you can connect it with your solar panels.
The ducted heating system requires less maintenance cost, the initial cost of installation may be high, but in a long-run, you can save money in terms of maintenance cost and electricity bill.