Let’s face it. You can be incredibly good at your job. But if you are not dressed for this role, no one will take you seriously. There is a reason entrepreneurs are encouraged to wear business suits to all meetings and events. A business suit enhances your professional appeal and shows that you really care about your job. Unfortunately, putting on a part is not always easy. Many people can’t figure out how to make the perfect business suit part of their wardrobe.
This is not surprising. After all, there is something to take care of. Everything must be given the utmost attention, from fit to color, fabric and even texture. But there is no need to panic. Moreover, the answer lies at the core.
Table of Contents
Features of the Ideal Business Suit
Did you know that business suits aren’t even at the top of the official dress scale? Yes, if you need to go all out with your formal attire, you should style a black or white suit with a tie. They usually indicate special evening events. The question is, what type of business suits should you wear for your everyday professional meetings?
To better understand a business suit, you must first figure out the components to consider when buying.
The more formal you want your outfit to be, the darker shade of suit you should choose. If you’ve just entered the business world, you can opt for shades like navy blue and charcoal grey. The best thing about these colors is that they are quite versatile. You won’t run into much trouble pairing them with other colors.
Texture and fabric
The texture of a business suit is equally important. The sheen and smoothness of the fabric indicate formality and add elegance to your outfit. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you have to go all out and buy a satin suit. Look for something in moderation.
The ideal fabric for your suit would be wool or a blend of wool and silk. Keep in mind that weaving should not be too noticeable.
How formal your business suit will look depends largely on its style. As a general rule, excessive patterns make your suit look less formal. For professional settings, fineness is best. So, find a suit with simple patterns, like pinstripes.
What most people don’t realize is that not all suits are the same brand. Good business suits have a well-constructed canvas. They should have shoulder pads that give the jacket a more elegant look. It’s just as important to pay attention to details.
Putting together a business suit
Your business suits will not have the desired effect if you cannot pair them with the right trousers or shoes. Also remember that suit pants should always have a sharp center crease. In addition, you should complement your suit with professional shoes in black or brown.
Since shirts are tucked under the jacket most of the time, people usually don’t think much about them. But keep in mind that your business attire won’t be complete without a matching dress shirt. Choose something with smooth weaves and solid colors if you want to look professional.
How to buy the perfect business suits
- First, make sure you know your size. You can’t get perfect business suits if you don’t know your exact measurements. Accuracy and accuracy are critical. Also, measure around the neck and from the edge of one shoulder to the other. Don’t forget about sleeve length. You need to know not only your natural waistline, but also your upper chest, shoulder, and underarm measurements.
- The type of fit you should choose depends on your style and comfort. Some options include skinny, tailored, and classic.
- Business suits require a professional tailor. Even if you buy something from the counter, you need to change it. And it is very important to entrust this work to someone who is reliable and who can weave their magic on your business suits.
- Don’t overdo it with the choice of color and texture. Don’t let your business suit look like it’s made out of cheap fabric. Keep things thin.
- Pay attention to detail, from the fit on the shoulders to the arms. The sleeves of the suit should not rise above the cuffs. You can change the buttons of your suits to suit your personal style.
- You can add luxury and life to your lined business suit. The lining also makes the jacket heavier and more comfortable.
Get the perfect business suits for your wardrobe
Remember, first impressions matter a lot in the corporate world. This is where a business suit can be a valuable asset. If you don’t put in the effort to look like a professional, your potential clients, partners, and investors will quickly ignore you. Surely that’s not what you want to deal with?
So, as important as it is to make time for your business, you should also give some attention to your wardrobe. Let your business suits say that you have come into the corporate world and intend to rule it!