How to use WhatsApp without phone number or SIM
Imagine being able to use WhatsApp without a phone number or SIM card. In this post, you will learn two tried and tested methods of using this very popular messaging system even on Android tablets, iPads, PCs and phones without SIM cards.
Use WhatsApp without phone number or SIM
As mentioned above, we have tested two methods of using WhatsApp without a phone number or SIM card, and you can use both of these methods to get the most convenient way.
Before moving on to either of the two methods, in order to use WhatsApp without a phone number and SIM card, you need to perform the following prerequisites:
- Download WhatsApp if you haven’t already done so on your tablet, phone or PC.
- If you have already installed WhatsApp on your device, make sure you have checked WhatsApp yet.
- If you have already checked WhatsApp, uninstall the app and reinstall it to delete the current number from WhatsApp.
Check WhatsApp Using TextNow (Method #1)
The first way is to download a messaging app called TextNow to your phone. This messaging app gives you a unique phone number that you can use to enter into WhatsApp and verify your account.
1. Download TextNow to your device
Download the TextNow app to your device from the Google Play Store, iTunes App Store, or Windows Phone Store. If you want to use WhatsApp on your PC, you need to open the Android emulator and search for TextNow.
2. Open the TextNow app and write down the number.
Once the TextNow app is downloaded to your device, open the app and complete the setup process. When the app is set up, write down the number.
If you don’t see the number in TextNow or you haven’t taken note of the number, you can find the TextNow number by following the steps below.
- Android: When the app is open on your Android phone, click on the three-line icon in the upper left corner of your Android device to display your phone number.
- iPhone: Click the three-line icon in the upper left corner of your iPhone, iPod or iPad. 3 Click the line icon to display the phone number.
- Windows Phone: When the app opens, go to the People tab and you will see your phone number.
3. Open WhatsApp and check the number
After taking note of your TextNow number, open WhatsApp on your phone, tablet or PC and follow steps 3.1 to 3.5 below.
3.1. Enter your TextNow number on WhatsApp
If you agree to WhatsApp’s terms and conditions, you will be prompted for a number. When prompted for a phone number, select a country and enter your TextNow number.
3.2. Wait for SMS verification to fail
Wait 5 minutes for the SMS verification to fail. If the SMS verification fails, you are prompted to make a call. Click the Call Me button to receive automatic calls on WhatsApp.
3.3. Get WhatsApp Verification Number
You need to open the TextNow app on your device and get a call on WhatsApp. When you respond to WhatsApp’s calls and automatic messages, the verification code repeats several times. Make a note of the authorization number.
3.4. Enter verification code on WhatsApp
Now enter the verification code you received in the automatic call into WhatsApp.
After entering the verification code, go to WhatsApp to complete the setup process. I created a WhatsApp account without a phone number.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, you can use another app called textPlus or use the second method below.
Check WhatsApp Using Existing Wired (Method #2)
The second way is to check WhatsApp using your existing home phone/phone number. Follow the steps below to use WhatsApp without your phone number or SIM card.
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone, tablet or PC.
Open the WhatsApp application on your phone, tablet or PC.
2. Enter your home/landline number
When prompted for a phone number, select a country and enter your home/phone number.
3. Wait for verification failure by SMS
After about 5 minutes the verification via SMS fails and the Call Me option is displayed. Click on the Contact Me option and WhatsApp will call your home/phone number.
4. Enter the verification code
Now WhatsApp will automatically receive calls to your landline number. Automatic voice repeats the 6-digit verification code several times. Write down this verification code and enter this verification code into WhatsApp.
5. Complete the installation process
Once you’ve verified WhatsApp on your device, once you’ve completed the setup process, you can chat with your friends on WhatsApp without using your phone number or SIM card.