Table of Contents
How to Save Emails on Your Computer?
Emails are usually kept in your email program, but there are times when you need to keep a copy of your emails as an offline backup. Here are the steps to save emails on your computer.
Save emails to your computer hard drive
In general, most of us trust our email clients (Gmail, Outlook) to keep our emails safe and we don’t actually need to backup or store our emails on our computer.
Also Read:Market Home business Using Direct Mail
However, in certain circumstances you may need to download a copy of the email to your computer’s hard drive.
For example, you can download a copy of all or important emails to your computer before closing your email account, or use specific emails offline.
If you are using a work or work-related email account, you can backup your important emails to your computer.
1. Save Gmail on your computer
Follow the steps below to save emails from your Gmail account to your computer.
1. Log in to your Gmail account and open the email you want to download.
2. Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner (next to the reply button) and choose the message download option from the drop down.
3. On the next screen, select the location of the downloaded file and click the Save button.
As you can see in the image above, e-mail is saved on your computer in .eml format and can be opened in most web browsers and e-mail clients.
Unfortunately, Gmail has no or no way to store multiple emails on your computer.
2. Save Microsoft Outlook emails to your computer
Follow the steps below to download and save Microsoft Outlook Email to your computer.
1. Log in to your Outlook account and open the email you want to save to your computer.
2. After receiving the email, click the File tab and select the Save As option from the File menu that appears.
3. In the Save As dialog box, select a location to save the email and click the Save button.
E-mails are saved as .msg (Outlook Message Format) files used by Microsoft.
Store multiple Outlook emails on your computer
Microsoft Outlook allows you to drag and drop emails from Outlook to a folder on your Windows computer.
You can also select multiple emails from Outlook and drop them into a folder on your computer using the drag and drop feature.
1. Log in to your Outlook email account and select the emails you want to save on your computer.
2. Once you have selected an email, drag the email to your desktop or a folder on your computer.
4. Save Outlook Web Mail to your computer
If you’re using Outlook Web App, you can’t download and save emails to your computer.
However, you can save the e-mail content to your computer in PDF format by following the steps below.
1. Log in to your email account and open the email you want to save to your computer.
2. Click on the three-dot icon in the upper right corner and choose a print option from the drop-down menu.
3. On the next screen, click the Print icon.
4. In the Print dialog box, select the Save as PDF option and click the Save button.
5. On the next screen, select the location of the downloaded file and click the Save button.
The downloaded file contains all the message content and other email details.