Should I quit my job?

location rebel

rebel location

location 180

location 180Should I quit my job and start a business? This is the question I asked myself and finally answered. Here is my story and interview with digital nomad Sean Ogle.

Should I quit my job?

“Currently doing what most people only talk about…”

In an interview this week, digital nomad and location rebel Sean Ogle (@seanogle) tells us how he built two successful businesses, created an incredible community of lifestyle entrepreneurs, and traveled the world after he quit his job in 2009.

Sean’s website

Sean’s website Location180specializes in helping people achieve two main goals:

  1. Creating a business that can be managed from anywhere in the world
  2. Living a life worth writing about

Topics for conversation

Our conversation covered a wide range of topics, including:

  • Why people fail and how to make yourself responsible for it.
  • trigger habits. Do you know how to use them?
  • Find out what you enjoy doing and build your business around it.

We learn the secrets of Sean’s rituals, discipline, and positive work habits from an ordinary guy who doesn’t even like to work that hard…

Quoted Gems:

  • “There is nothing solo about being a sole trader. You must find the people you can rely on for support and accountability. The people who are successful are the people who have found this supportive community.”
  • “I figured out what I want to do and I’m trying to build my life and business around it.”
  • “It’s all about figuring out, being really honest with yourself, what’s important to you and then trying to make decisions based on that.”
  • “If I can create 1 good habit, it will create positive changes for the rest of the day.”
  • “Because we have been trained to think that we have to work 8 hours every single day, this is what we do, even when we were not productive, we still sit at the computer. I’d rather have a shorter day and a shorter work period where I’ll be very productive and enjoy all the time I spend on Facebook or Youtube.”
  • “With every small win, a habit is formed, and the more it grows, the more I want to be productive.”
  • “I always try to pick up those first habits because my success for the rest of the day depends on it.”
  • “What is the worst thing that can happen, and what are the chances that it will actually happen? Chances are, the worst-case scenario isn’t all that bad, and the chances of the worst-case scenario actually happening are actually negligible.”
  • “Most people would prefer the misfortune of uncertainty. Accept this uncertainty! This is where many entrepreneurs thrive.”
  • “For 95% of people, uncertainty is a huge debilitating thing, and for the other 5%, they turn it into their biggest asset.”


Related Post: Millennial Memes: Should You Quit Smoking?

about the author

Matt WilsonMatt Wilson
Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson is the co-founder of Under30Experiences, a travel company for young adults aged 21-35. He is the original co-founder of Under30CEO (acquired in 2016). Matt is the host of the Live Different podcast and has over 50 iTunes ratings in the Health, Fitness, Business, and Travel categories. He brings a unique, uncensored approach to his interviews and writing. His work has been featured on, Forbes, Inc., Huffington Post, Reuters and many more. In his free time, Matt does yoga and fitness, and buys all his food from an organic farm in the jungles of Costa Rica, where he lives. He is a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers.


fbq(‘init’, ‘1610003529323997’);
fbq(‘track’, “PageView”);


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here