Being a leader means that people will want to hear you speak. Whether it’s about your business or the weather, people are interested in what you have to say. But leadership quotes, no matter who they come from, can inspire and motivate us to do better. Whether it’s about improving ourselves, the world, or everything, quotes, especially those in leadership positions, can motivate us to look for improvements in our lives.
Here are some famous quotes that will motivate you.
Table of Contents
1. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his job is done, his goal is achieved, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
2. “Every time you have to speak, you audition for leadership.” — James Humes
3. “I have to follow people. Am I not their leader?” — Benjamin Disraeli
4. “You are in charge; you lead people.” — Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper
5. “The first duty of a leader is to define reality. The last one is to say thank you. In between, the leader is the servant.” — Max DePri
6. “Leadership ability to turn vision into reality. — Warren Bennis
7. “Lead me, follow me, or get out of the way.” — General George Patton
8. “Before you become a leader, success depends on your growth. When you become a leader, success depends on the growth of others.” — Jack Welch
9. “The leader is a merchant of hope.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
10. “Control is not leadership; management is not leadership; leadership is leadership. If you aspire to lead, spend at least 50 percent of your time leading yourself—your purpose, ethics, principles, motivation, and behavior. Invest at least 20% in leading those in power over you and 15% in leading your peers.” — Dee Hawk
11. “A leader is one who knows the path, walks it and shows the path.” — John Maxwell
12. “My own definition of leadership is: the ability and will to bring men and women together to achieve a common goal, and a character that inspires confidence.” —General Montgomery
13. “Leadership is about taking the vision of the individual to a new level, raising the performance of the individual to a higher standard, building the personality beyond its usual limitations.” — Peter Drucker
14. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, caring citizens can change the world. In fact, it’s the only thing that has ever existed.” —Margaret Mead
15. “It will be very difficult for the people to look up to leaders who keep their ears open.” —Sir Winston Churchill
16. “The most dangerous myth about leadership is that leaders are born. What is the genetic factor of leadership. This is nonsense; In fact, the opposite is true. Leaders rather created than born. — Warren Bennis
17. “To command is to serve, no more and no less.” — André Malraux
18. “He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander.” -Aristotle
19. “Become a leader that people will follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position.” — Brian Tracy
20. “I start by saying that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” — Ralph Nader
So, use these leadership quotes as inspiration. Also, you don’t always have to hoard these words yourself. Instead, take them to your bosses and co-workers and ask them to print them out and hang them up in the office.
You will certainly be surprised at what the power of words can do for you and the world.